Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Change Made!!!!

For the first time in America's short yet sometimes troubled history, we have elected a Black man as President. It feels very surreal. Sometimes I get down about being out of the country during such a historic time in my life and the history of the U.S., but then I realize in life one has to make sacrifices to reach certain goals. I had no doubt that Mr. Obama would win the elections but I'm still very proud of the voters of the U.S.A. just because it was a landslide victory. Maybe the country has really matured after all. Now, this is not to say that things have changed all that much, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Anyway, as for the happenings here in Zambia....

The community school teachers in my village still have not been paid in 4 months, so the teacher that lives next door to me has decided she will only teach 1/2 days now in the morning, then tend to her garden in the afternoon. This way she will not starve and will have food to eat. So, I will talk to my APCD and some of the community members to see how they will feel about me taking over for her afternoon classes. I'm still thinking about it though, because I really don't want to have a mandatory schedule. We shall see.....

Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, keep up your writing! Although I'm far away, I still want to hear about your adventures. I'm missing you all more than ever. Zambia is one-of-a-kind and trust me honey, nothing is changing here. Live it up while you can because before you know it, you're getting snow in your hair and freezing your ass off. :)